Monday, September 30, 2013

Keep Singing!


Check out this article. I have met so many people who stopped singing and cannot even sing in my class with their baby. It saddens me and I wish that I could set them free and support them to sing out and enjoy the pure pleasure of singing. It's NOT about being Barbra Streisand, it's about the joy of singing. I thought my mother had the most beautiful voice in the world. I loved listening to her sing while she did the dishes, or whatever she was doing around the house. It wasn't until I went away to college and majored in music and had sight and ear training that I realized that my mom was actually quite "pitchy" (off key). But I wouldn't trade those sweet memories of hearing my mom sing for anything. Your child is comforted by the sound of your voice. When you sing with wild abandon, with joy and fun, you are modeling music appreciation as well as simple happiness and relaxation. Don't let old critical voices stop you from singing with your baby and family! Sing our mommy!


http://www.rebellesociety.com/2013/09/30/keep-singing-the-power-of-music-to-shape-your-reality/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Susy! We love your class. What is your email address to stay in touch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. susypb@sbcglobal.net, 310-913-1385. Happy to have you in class!

    ReplyDelete