Monday, July 28, 2014

Sharing the magic of music with your young children is one of the joys of my life. I have been doing this since 1996 and I believe in the power of music to enhance, educate and enliven your child's development like nothing else can. The wonder and power of music is available to your baby as early as six months in utero. Your baby can hear from the womb. I have had many babies who came to my class in utero, tagging along with their big sis or brother, who's eyes light up as they recognize the songs they have heard for the months leading up to their birth. The gift of a rich musical environment is one that provides a wealth of benefits for your baby and young child. Music can help a fussy baby calm down (it works wonders for fussy mommies too!). A rousing march can help motivate a lazy older child to get up and play or brush their teeth. A lullaby can bond us with our babies in the sweetest way. As you hold your baby close and they listen to your soft, calm voice, they sense that all is well and that they are safe, loved, cared for and secure. You will always treasure the precious memories and moments that you share with your your child, singing, dancing and rocking them to sleep. Believe me, childhood goes way too fast. Ask any mom of a tween, or teen....once they're in middle school....those rocking your baby to sleep days are gone. sniff....sorry...That always chokes me up, as my two children are 12 and 9 and I am so grateful that I used to sing them to sleep every single night. Now I'm lucky to get a high five from my 12 year old son...wah! So, enjoy your babies...hold them close and treasure every minute. I know that sometimes it feels like they will never go to sleep or go pee pee in the potty, or eat their vegetables....but very soon they will be standing tall in front of you, independent and grown. Childhood goes all to quickly. cherish the moments today. Keep singing, love, Teacher Susy

No comments:

Post a Comment